Certified Criminal Lawyers in Salem County, NJ Adeptly Protect and Represent Clients Accused of Crimes in Pennsville, Pittsgrove, Carneys Point, Penns Grove, and Throughout South Jersey
Were you charged with crimes or arrested, detained, or interrogated about criminal acts or illegal activities of any kind? If yes, you are encouraged to speak with our Salem County criminal defense attorneys. Do not take legal proceedings lightly; if convicted, you can face serious penalties. Depending on the nature and severity of the crimes in question, penalties can include time behind bars, substantial fines, mandatory registration as a sex offender, probation, community service, a loss of many privileges, and potentially lifelong social and professional challenges. Skilled and reliable representation from our highly respected criminal lawyers in Salem County, NJ can help you secure a favorable outcome, so contact us today for the reliable legal guidance and counseling you need for your criminal case.
Don't face criminal charges alone – contact Agre & St. John today for experienced legal representation that will fight to protect your rights.
Criminal Proceedings Adeptly Handled by Our Salem County Criminal Defense Attorneys
Our team has decades of experience handling cases of all kinds under the New Jersey Criminal Code. Irrespective of the type of charges you face, we are here to help. We provide legal counseling, representation, and defense for cases involving:
- Drug charges
- Gun charges
- Weapons violations
- Physical assault
- Aggravated assault
- Sexual assault and other sex crimes
- Theft, shoplifting, armed robbery, and burglary
- Property crimes
- Domestic violence and abuse cases
- Juvenile cases
- Restraining order violations
- Kidnapping, murder, arson, and other serious crimes
- Fraud and financial crimes
- White-collar crimes
- Municipal code violations
- Misdemeanors of all kinds
We also handle pretrial interventions, expungements, reduced sentences hearings, appeals, probation, and plea bargains for our clients as part of a comprehensive set of services aimed at dismissing or reducing your charges or lowering your sentences.
Areas Served in Salem County, NJ
At Agre & St. John, we take pride in offering comprehensive and reliable criminal defense services across Salem County, New Jersey. Our dedication to protecting our clients' rights, along with our profound understanding of the complexities of the legal system, enables us to effectively serve various communities throughout the county.
Here are the areas in Salem County where we extend our legal services:
- Alloway Township: In this quiet community, we provide strong legal representation to individuals seeking support.
- Carneys Point Township: We are dedicated to supporting the residents of Carneys Point with our legal expertise.
- Elmer: In this borough, our team continues to uphold the rights of our clients.
- Elsinboro and Lower Alloways Creek Township: We extend our comprehensive legal services to these expansive townships.
- Mannington Township: We provide robust legal support to residents in this rural area.
- Oldmans Township: Our commitment to providing dedicated legal services extends to this township.
- Penns Grove and Pennsville Township: We offer our expert legal representation to the residents of these areas.
- Pilesgrove and Pittsgrove Township: Our team is ready to assist individuals in these townships with our extensive legal knowledge.
- Quinton Township: In this historic area, we continue to provide our dedicated legal services.
- Salem: As the county seat, we provide strong and reliable legal representation to residents in this area.
- Upper Pittsgrove Township: We extend our comprehensive legal services to the residents of this rural township.
- Woodstown: Our team is dedicated to offering robust legal support to individuals in this borough.
No matter where you are in Salem County, the team at Agre & St. John is prepared to help you navigate the complex landscape of the criminal justice system. We understand the profound implications a criminal charge can have on your life, and we strive to provide the strongest defense possible. Contact us today for the support and guidance you need during these challenging times.
Knowledgeable Criminal Lawyers in Salem County, NJ Craft the Ideal Legal Defense for Your Case
Every case is unique, and every case involves a different set of facts and laws. However, you can only be convicted if the case evidence satisfies the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. There are many ways that our proficient Salem County criminal defense attorneys can question the prosecution’s case and discredit their arguments. Here are a few examples.
- Proving Your Innocence: We will gather evidence to prove your innocence. This includes alibis, eyewitness statements, video proof, etc. We will also discredit the prosecution’s evidence to show that it does not meet the legal threshold required to secure a conviction.
- Your Rights Were Violated: We may be able to have your case dismissed if we can prove that evidence gathered against you was obtained illegally or that your rights were somehow violated during the proceedings against you, such as a violation of your constitutional right against illegal search and seizure or not being informed of your Miranda rights when arrested.
- Acts of Self-Defense: This is a common but highly effective defense in crimes involving some form of violence, such as assault, battery, abuse, domestic violence, and murder. If we can prove that you had to resort to the justified defense of yourself or your property, we may be able to dismiss the illegal violent act charges you face.
- Involuntary Intoxication: if you were involuntarily or unknowingly intoxicated, we can use such a defense to prove a lack of intent, which can then be used to dismiss charges that require intent for a conviction.
- Accidents: This defense is sometimes used as a defense in financial crimes when, for example, the defendant performed acts or used funds they believed they had a right to use but did not, and therefore accidentally or unknowingly committed a crime by using those funds but had no intent to break the law or cause any harm.
- Duress and Coercion: This defense can be used if we can show that you were forced or coerced into committing a crime against your will.
- Expiry of the Statute of Limitations: You cannot be charged for a crime if the applicable statutes of limitations – the window during which charges can be brought against you – have expired.
Take control of your defense – schedule a confidential consultation with Agre & St. John's experienced criminal defense team to discuss your case and explore your legal options.
Contact Our Skilled Criminal Lawyers in Salem County, NJ Today
At Agre & St. John, we firmly believe that everyone has a right to assertive representation and a fair trial. We dedicatedly provide all of our clients with reliable legal advice that is customized to their specific situations. We aggressively fight to protect their freedoms and rights. Irrespective of the charges that you face, you can rely on our Salem County criminal defense attorneys for the best possible outcome in your criminal case. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation and to take the all-important first step toward protecting your rights and securing your freedom.
Crime in Salem County, NJ
Salem County has a crime rate of about 43 per 1,000 residents, giving it one of the highest crime rates in America. Your chances of being a victim of either violent or property crimes in Salem County are 1 in 23, and Salem County has a higher crime rate than 98% of communities in New Jersey. Common crimes include felonies of all kinds, theft, burglary, hit-and-run accidents, and a wide range of property crimes. If you need legal advice of any kind or are involved in legal proceedings for criminal activity, you can protect yourself and your loved ones by contacting our Salem County criminal defense attorneys today.