New Jersey Government Fraud Lawyers Represent Clients Charged with Filing False Claims with the Federal Government
Have you been arrested and charged with defrauding the federal government? The government vigorously prosecutes those accused of fraudulently obtaining federal benefits, services, or contracts. A conviction can carry severe penalties and the long-term consequences of a criminal record. Turn to the federal government fraud defense attorneys of Agre & St. John to level the playing field for you so you can stand up for your rights and interests.
With seven decades of combined experience, our attorneys have gained unique knowledge and insight into criminal law. Because we’ve served on both sides of the courtroom, we know how prosecutors prepare criminal cases. We use our background to develop tailored defense strategies aimed at obtaining the best possible results for our clients. Our attorneys will work as hard as necessary to defend our clients’ reputations and freedom, even if that means going to trial. Since we’ve tried hundreds of cases to verdict over the years, we have what it takes to advocate for you before a judge and jury.
If you’ve been accused of defrauding the federal government, you need experienced legal representation to protect your rights and give yourself the best chance at securing a favorable outcome to your charges. Contact Agre & St. John for a free initial case evaluation to speak with our New Jersey government fraud lawyers about your legal options.
When facing federal charges, trust Agre & St. John's experienced attorneys to mount a vigorous defense and protect your rights in complex federal criminal cases. Call 856-454-8674 or complete our online contact form for a confidential consultation.
Types of Federal Government Fraud Defense Cases We Handle
The federal government interfaces with various companies and individuals through contracts, programs, and services. Attempting to obtain money, services, or other things of value from the federal governments through contracts or programs can lead to charges of government fraud. At Agre & St. John, our federal government fraud defense attorneys represent clients accused of various kinds of government fraud, including:
- Social Security fraud – Individuals who become disabled can apply to obtain benefits through the Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income programs administered by the Social Security Administration. Social Security fraud may involve providing false income information or misrepresenting one’s disability or employment status. Social Security fraud can also take the form of obtaining and using someone else’s Social Security payments or continuing to collect payments being mailed to a deceased person.
- Medicare/Medicaid fraud – Individuals may engage in Medicare/Medicaid fraud by providing false information to secure eligibility for Medicare/Medicaid benefits. Healthcare providers can also commit Medicare/Medicaid fraud by submitting false or fraudulent claims for reimbursement, including claims for services never rendered or using the wrong codes to obtain greater reimbursement.
- Small Business Administration fraud – Businesses may defraud the federal government by improperly obtaining money and other financial benefits from the SBA, such as SBA loans or Paycheck Protection Program funding.
- HUD fraud – Individuals may falsely obtain HUD benefits, such as housing assistance, by providing false income, employment, or family status information.
- Government contractor fraud – Private businesses who provide services and goods to the federal government may be charged with fraud by engaging in improper conduct such as charging for services or goods that are never provided, up-charging, substituting substandard materials or products, or submitting false information on bidding documents.
Don't face federal charges alone – schedule a confidential consultation with Agre & St. John's skilled defense team to understand your options and build a robust defense strategy.
Turn to the Federal Government Fraud Defense Attorneys at Agre & St. John for Help Defending Your Freedom and Reputation
Federal prosecutors vigorously pursue charges against people accused of defrauding the government. You deserve experienced legal counsel who can help you stand up for your rights and interests as you face federal charges. Let the New Jersey government fraud lawyers of Agre & St. John fight to secure a favorable outcome to your case by:
- Independently investigating the allegations against you to obtain evidence in support of your defense, rather than relying on evidence turned over by the prosecution
- Ensuring you understand the charges against you and the potential outcomes in your case, and answering questions you have as they arise, so you can make informed decisions at each step of the process
- Identifying potential defenses and case strategies that may help you secure a fair resolution to your charges
- Challenging the government’s evidence and case against you by filing motions to exclude evidence or witness as inadmissible or irrelevant, or motions to reduce or dismiss your charges for lack of sufficient evidence to bring you to trial
- Vigorously negotiating for a fair plea deal, if appropriate, or advocating your innocence at trial if you choose to fight your charges
Contact Our Firm for a Free Confidential Consultation to Learn More About Your Rights and Options from Our New Jersey Government Fraud Lawyers
Charges of defrauding the government can carry serious penalties. Let the federal government fraud defense attorneys of Agre & St. John fight for your reputation and future. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more about how our firm will advocate for your interests in federal court.