Specialized Criminal Lawyers in Cumberland County, NJ Protect Client Rights and Fight Criminal Cases in Vineland, Millville, Bridgeton, Maurice River Township, and Throughout South Jersey
Were you accused or charged with committing a crime in Cumberland County, Burlington County, or anywhere in New Jersey? If yes, you should seek the reliable representation of our Cumberland County criminal defense attorneys. The criminal justice system in New Jersey moves swiftly, and having a skilled and experienced defense team in your corner can help you beat the charges you face. Contact us today to learn more. Our team handles criminal cases of all kinds, from disorderly persons offenses to violent crimes, expungement cases, appeals, courtroom litigation, and more. You can rest assured that our team will leave no stone unturned in defending you against your charges so that you can get your life back on track.
Don't face criminal charges alone – contact Agre & St. John today for experienced legal representation that will fight to protect your rights.
Proficient Cumberland County Criminal Defense Attorneys Vigorously Defend Against Kinds Across New Jersey
Our experienced criminal lawyers have extensive experience working with Title 2C, New Jersey’s Code of Criminal Justice. These statutes codify the different offenses and crimes in New Jersey and they differentiate between low-level crimes and more serious crimes. These laws also establish the baseline thresholds for what constitutes a crime, and what kinds of legally acceptable defenses you can adopt. They also cover the various factors that can enhance or lessen your charges or sentences, and they provide guidelines on sentencing and penalties.
We defend clients against a broad range of offenses in New Jersey including:
- Cumberland County DUI / DWI Offenses
- Cumberland County Trespassing
- Cumberland County Property Crimes
- Cumberland County College Crimes
- Cumberland County Theft, Robbery, and Burglary Charges
- Cumberland County Disorderly Conduct Offenses
- Cumberland County Juvenile Crimes
- Cumberland County Resisting Arrest Charges
- Cumberland County Hit-and-Run Charges
- Cumberland County White-Collar Crimes
- Cumberland County Drug Crimes
- Cumberland County Gun-Related Crimes
- Cumberland County Sex Crimes
- Cumberland County Child Pornography Charges
- Cumberland County Assault and Domestic Violence Charges
- Cumberland County Violent Crimes, such as murder, manslaughter, and arson
Our team negotiates with the prosecution and will evaluate the case evidence so that we can thoroughly prepare your defense. We will also convincingly argue your case in court so that your charges can be either dismissed or lowered. We have years of experience providing reliable legal services, as well as guidance and representation for clients at every step of their legal proceedings.
Areas Served in Cumberland County, NJ
At Agre & St. John, we are dedicated to providing exceptional criminal defense services across Cumberland County, New Jersey. Our team has extensive experience in dealing with the intricacies of the legal system, and our steadfast commitment to protecting our clients' rights is the cornerstone of our practice.
Here are the areas in Cumberland County where we extend our comprehensive legal services:
- Bridgeton: As the county seat, we are committed to providing Bridgeton residents with robust and expert legal assistance.
- Commercial Township: Our seasoned team of attorneys is ready to support and represent individuals in this vibrant township.
- Deerfield and Downe Township: Our commitment to providing rigorous legal representation extends to these communities.
- Fairfield and Greenwich Township: We continue to provide comprehensive legal services to the residents of these townships.
- Hopewell and Lawrence Township: In these diverse communities, we offer expert legal support to our clients.
- Maurice River Township: We are proud to serve this expansive township with our dedicated legal services.
- Millville: We extend our thorough and reliable legal representation to the residents of Millville.
- Shiloh and Stow Creek Township: Our commitment to ensuring justice for our clients extends to these communities.
- Upper Deerfield Township: Our team is dedicated to providing strong legal support to individuals in this area.
- Vineland: In this dynamic city, we offer our extensive legal knowledge and dedication to uphold our clients' rights.
No matter where you're located in Cumberland County, the team at Agre & St. John is ready and willing to help you navigate the challenging landscape of the criminal justice system. We understand the profound impact a criminal charge can have on your life, and we're committed to providing the strongest defense possible. Reach out to us today for the support and guidance you need during these challenging times.
Understanding Criminal Charges and Processing Under New Jersey Law
There are seven stages of the criminal prosecution process, as outlined below.
- Arrest: Most criminal proceedings start with some kind of arrest. We may be able to argue that you were illegally arrested or that there was a case of mistaken identity, but that comes at a later stage, and once you are arrested, you should remain silent and ask to speak with our Cumberland County criminal defense attorneys.
- Arraignment: Your arraignment hearing is when the judge will tell you about the charges you are facing. During this hearing, you can plead guilty or not guilty, and your bail and the jail time you may face may also be decided. You should have skilled and knowledgeable criminal lawyers in Cumberland County, NJ representing you here.
- Discovery: Between your arrest and trial, the prosecutor will present the evidence they have against you to your attorney. In response, we will investigate the case to determine the fair charges, penalties, and sentences that should apply based on the strength of the evidence.
- Pretrial Motions and Conferences: During these proceedings, we will work with the judge and prosecution to determine the legality of the case evidence and what kinds of charges are fair.
- Plea Negotiation: In many cases, we can avoid a trial by opting for a plea negotiation. Our Cumberland County criminal defense attorneys will negotiate a deal with the prosecution, but only if there is no chance that your charges can be dropped.
- Trial: If a plea deal is not reached, if one is not offered, or if one is offered and you choose to reject it, we will handle your case in a courtroom trial in which the prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you are guilty. If you are found not guilty, the case is over and you are free to go home. We can expunge your record as well once all requirements are met. If convicted, however, you will proceed to sentencing.
- Sentencing: The sentences for crimes in New Jersey are outlined in the New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice. We will strive to minimize the sentences and penalties you face and will, for example, seek probation, community service, early parole, or pre-trial interventions if possible in place of jail time and fines.
Take control of your defense – schedule a confidential consultation with Agre & St. John's experienced criminal defense team to discuss your case and explore your legal options.
Contact Our Respected Cumberland County Criminal Defense Attorneys Today for Assistance with Your Criminal Case
Understanding and navigating the legal processes outlined above can be difficult to do on your own. Experienced criminal lawyers in Cumberland County, NJ can provide you with the skilled legal counsel, guidance, and representation you need to secure a successful outcome, so contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Crime in Cumberland County, NJ
In Cumberland County, the violent crime rate is 29.6 (the US average is 22.7), and the Cumberland County property crime rate is 57.9. (the US average is 35.4). As such, Cumberland County has a higher crime rate than the US average across both violent and property crimes. Anyone can be implicated or involved in criminal proceedings at any time, so protect your rights and freedom if you face charges or proceedings of any kind and speak with our Cumberland County criminal defense attorneys today for trustworthy guidance with your case.