How Do I Get My Criminal Record Expunged?

If you have a criminal record, you may wonder how to get charges expunged. If you wish to undergo the expungement process, you should speak with an experienced lawyer. A lawyer can assemble your documents and prepare your petition to the court. After any waiting period is over, the lawyer will process all of your information. If there are particularities in your case, your lawyer can conduct any interviews and gather other information. The lawyer will assist in getting your[…] Read More

Can I be Responsible for Drugs That are Not Mine?

Under constructive possession, an individual can be responsible for drugs that were not in their possession if they still had knowledge of and access to them. The specific charges depends on the drug that the person possessed. If an individual is aware of a location of a controlled substance, than that might be enough for them to be charged because it is essentially admitting control over a substance. If an individual is just a passenger in the car with drugs[…] Read More

What is a Motion to Suppress Evidence?

One of the most used criminal defense strategies is to try to get evidence against a client removed from consideration. This is commonly referred to as making a motion to suppress evidence. If the motion is successful, the evidence cannot be used against a defendant. Sometimes, this leads to the case being permanently dropped, especially if all pieces of evidence are thrown out. When a dismissal of evidence leads to the end of a case, the motion may be referred[…] Read More

What is Entrapment?

When an individual commits a crime due to the urging of a government agent or entity, a case of entrapment might have occurred. The aim of entrapment is to gain control of the individual, either through imprisonment or to force cooperation in an unrelated criminal investigation. Entrapment occurs when law enforcement or other governmental agents devise a scheme to encourage an otherwise innocent person to commit a crime. The entire purpose is to prosecute that person afterward for a crime[…] Read More

Can I Have My Juvenile Criminal Record Expunged?

Crimes committed at the age of 17 years old or younger are considered juvenile crimes, and they will be tried with the offender’s age in mind. The sentence will be appropriate for a juvenile and take into account the juvenile’s behavior and past history. Often, juvenile criminal records are sealed and can be viewed only in limited circumstances. If there is a civil action associated with the crime, that will not be sealed, and it may also be beneficial to[…] Read More

What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Plea Bargaining?

When a person is charged with a crime, they are faced with many choices. In many cases, the defendant that is accused of a crime has the opportunity to enter into a plea bargain. A lawyer can help guide the defendant throughout this process. There are advantages and disadvantages of entering into a plea agreement, but both depend on whether the defendant had any involvement in the crime. Benefits of Plea Bargaining If the person accused of the crime was[…] Read More

What is a Petty Offense?

Petty offenses are typically minor crimes and can include civil and criminal offenses, such as public intoxication, jaywalking, pickpocketing, and prostitution. Other types of petty crimes include minor traffic violations. People should be aware that even distracted driving can be considered a petty crime in some jurisdictions. Some of these misdemeanors may not seem too concerning, but they should be taken seriously. It is important to understand that an accumulation of driving offenses can have an impact on a person’s[…] Read More

What can I Do if False Allegations Caused Damages?

When a person is falsely accused of a crime, they may feel very frustrated. However, when a false allegation happens, the accused does have some legal options available to them. An important first step is to get a criminal defense lawyer to help fight against the criminal charges. Even if the falsely accused person has not yet been exonerated, there are some options they can pursue. The following list contains some possible defenses for false allegations. False Imprisonment Defamation is[…] Read More

What are the Consequences of a Drunk Driving Charge?

A criminal charge for driving under the influence (DUI) can be devastating. A DUI charge can have a serious and negative impact on a person’s reputation and can affect all aspects of personal and professional life. A conviction can mean the loss of a driver’s license and acquiring heavy fines. It is important to know how to handle a DUI case to mitigate problems that can arise. Although a DUI charge is not easy to overcome, there are certain legal[…] Read More

Why Do I Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer?

When a person is accused or arrested for an alleged crime, they should hire a criminal defense lawyer because that person has the experience and knowledge to best represent a defendant’s interests. They can help achieve the best possible outcome and work with prosecutors to lessen any punishments that come with a criminal conviction or a plea bargain. A criminal defense lawyer represents the rights of individuals, organizations, and companies charged with criminal activity. Their job is to advocate on[…] Read More

Statement Regarding Coronavirus Disease ("Covid-19"):

A Message to Our Clients: We Are Here to Help You.

At The Law Offices of Robert N. Agre, we view the safety and well-being of our clients, staff and business partners as our highest priority.

The situation regarding the COVID-19 virus is continually changing, and we are following all recommended guidelines to stay healthy.

Currently, our office is open and we are able to meet with you virtually.

We are responding to emails and voicemails and are happy to arrange phone or video consultations. We are also able to exchange documents via secure drives or email.

Should you have any concerns regarding an upcoming meeting with us, please contact us online or call (856) 428-7797.

Thank you and take care.