We Stand Beside You

How Can You Recover From a DUI Charge?

On Behalf of | Nov 9, 2021 | DUI, Expungments

Being arrested and charged with driving under the influence (DUI) can be a traumatic experience. In a vast majority of DUI stops, it is the first time that the person has ever been arrested. It can be quite overwhelming not knowing what is going to happen and how it will affect your life. However, you do not have to go through this alone. An experienced lawyer can answer all of your questions and concerns.

Fortunately, there are steps you can take if you receive a DUI charge. Listed below are ways you can recover from a DUI offense.

Let Go of What You Cannot Control

Focus on what you can control, and do not worry about what you cannot control. Worrying is a waste of mental energy that can cause frustration and unnecessary anxiety. Focus on controlling your own actions and how you respond to the situation.

Speak to a Therapist

You should consider speaking to a therapist if you are having a hard time dealing with a criminal charge. Being arrested and charged with DUI can be a symptom of alcohol abuse. Sometimes, talking to someone about your situation and how you feel will help relieve some of your stress and anxiety. Also, an expert can make a clinical evaluation as to whether seeking some type of counseling is appropriate.

See a Lawyer

One of the first steps you should do after you are charged with DUI is to see a lawyer. A lawyer can explain your rights and what the process is going forward. Your lawyer will be beside you throughout the entire legal process. Additionally, a lawyer can determine if your DUI charge can be expunged from your record.

Being arrested and charged for intoxicated driving is a very serious charge. Not only are there legal consequences, there are personal, professional, and relationship consequences that could affect your life for a long time.

South Jersey DUI Lawyers at Agre & St. John Are Here to Defend Your Rights After a DUI Charge

If you have a DUI charge, it is critical that you explore your legal options. Our South Jersey DUI lawyers at Agre & St. John can make this traumatic experience easier. Call us at 856-428-7797 or fill out our online form for an initial consultation today. Located in Haddonfield, New Jersey, we serve clients throughout South Jersey, including Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, and Salem County.